Serving residential and commercial property owners in Ashbury Park, NJ and surrounding areas, American Granite Designs is seasoned fabricator and installer of natural and engineered stone for kitchen countertops, fireplaces, bathrooms, and bathroom vanities, bars and much more. You can contact us today at (732) 780-7600 to schedule a no-cost consultation and estimate!
When comparing natural stone countertops and engineered stone countertops, there are several factors to consider:
Natural Stone Countertop Fabrication and Installation in Asbury Park, NJ:
- Unique beauty: Natural stone, such as granite, marble, or quartzite, offers a one-of-a-kind, organic beauty with distinctive patterns, colors, and veining. Each slab is unique, adding character and individuality to your space.
- Durability: Natural stone is highly durable and resistant to scratches, heat, and impact. Granite and quartzite, in particular, are known for their strength and can withstand heavy use in kitchens or bathrooms.
- Natural variations: The natural variations in color and patterns of natural stone create a unique and visually appealing aesthetic. However, this also means that the slab you select may have variations from the sample, requiring careful consideration during the selection process.
- Maintenance: Natural stone countertops typically require regular sealing to protect against staining and etching. The frequency of sealing depends on the type of stone used. Additionally, some types of natural stone, such as marble, are more porous and may require extra care to avoid damage from acidic substances.
Engineered Stone Countertop Fabrication and Installation in Asbury Park, NJ:
- Consistency: Engineered stone, such as quartz, is manufactured with a controlled process, resulting in a consistent appearance throughout the slab. This can be appealing if you prefer a more uniform look in your countertops.
- Non-porous and stain-resistant: Engineered stone countertops are non-porous, making them highly resistant to stains and bacterial growth. They do not require sealing and are easy to clean with mild soap and water.
- Wide range of colors and patterns: Engineered stone offers a vast range of colors and patterns to choose from. Manufacturers can replicate the appearance of natural stone or create unique designs that may not exist naturally.
- Durability: Engineered stone countertops are highly durable and resistant to scratches, chips, and heat. However, extreme heat can cause damage, so it is recommended to use trivets or hot pads to protect the surface.
- Limited heat resistance: Unlike natural stone, engineered stone has limitations in terms of heat resistance. Placing hot pans directly on the surface may cause damage or discoloration, so it is important to use protective measures.
- Lower maintenance: Engineered stone countertops are relatively low maintenance compared to natural stone. They are non-porous, making them less prone to staining and requiring less maintenance overall.
Ultimately, the choice between natural stone and engineered stone countertops depends on your preferences, budget, and the specific requirements of your space. Consider factors such as durability, maintenance, aesthetic preferences, and your lifestyle to make an informed decision. You can contact us today at (732) 780-7600 to schedule a no-cost consultation and estimate! You can click the following link to view our many 5-star reviews.